In keeping with the mission of the Stamps Eminence Scholarship Program, the selection committee looks for students who have demonstrated potential as academic scholars and leaders both inside and outside the classroom. Applicants should be driven to excel and be interested in the support of a small community of peers.
The Stamps Eminence Scholarship Application is now open. Please review the following information and follow the link at the bottom of the page to complete your application by Wednesday, November 15.
Eligibility and Criteria
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply.
- All applicants must apply to the Ohio State University Honors Program.
- Students are selected based on outstanding potential and all majors are encouraged to apply. There is no "typical" Stamps Scholar.
Applicants are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Robust curriculum and strong GPA
- Top 10% (and above) class rank
- Curiosity as demonstrated by research or equivalent experiences
- Official ACT or SAT scores (optional)
- Demonstrated commitment to a cause, program, issue, or idea
- Demonstrated commitment to improving life for others
- Written expression through essays (Common Application and Eminence)
- Video introduction through a 2-minute YouTube link
Additional consideration will be given to:
- Service that extends beyond high school organizations and clubs
- Leadership that threads through academics and service
- Depth and breadth in involvement, experiences, and leadership
- Collaborative spirit and teamwork-inspired experience
How to Apply
- Applicants must apply to the university by the November 1 early action deadline. When completing the Ohio State admissions application, applicants must indicate their interest in the University Honors Program.
- Within 1-5 days, the applicant will receive an email that acknowledges Ohio State's receipt of the student's admission application and provides a unique Ohio State username (lastname.#), along with instructions on activating this username and setting up a password.
- Applicants must then complete and submit the Stamps Eminence application by the Wednesday, November 15 at 11:59 p.m. EST deadline. The applicant's Ohio State username and password are required to apply. The applicant does not need to wait for an Ohio State's admission decision to submit the Stamps Eminence application.
Components of the Stamps Eminence Application
There are two components of the Stamps Eminence Application:
- Stamps Eminence Essay
- Video Introduction (via an unlisted YouTube link)
The Scholarship Selection Committee will have access to the student's Common Application and consider it in the selection process.
Finalist Interview and Event
Following the application review process, a select number of applicants will be named as finalists. All finalists will be interviewed via a virtual platform during the months of January and February. Finalists are required to participate in the Stamps Eminence Finalist Friday event, which is scheduled for Friday, March 1, 2024. This day will provide a glimpse of the Stamps Eminence experience and will include special department visits and various group activities that precede a special finalist reception that evening.
Requirements of the Program
To remain in good standing as a Stamps Scholar, students are required to:
- Gain admission to the University Honors Program and maintain Honors status every semester.
- Contribute to their class service project and embrace the collaborative spirit of “giving back.”
- Complete either an Honors thesis which could lead to a Graduation with Distinction in Research designation, or other capstone, culminating project.
- Contribute to and be involved with Stamps Eminence program initiatives through regular program involvement and leadership.