The Undergraduate Fellowship Office advises and assists all qualified undergraduates, regardless of Honors & Scholars affiliation, interested in applying for national scholarships and fellowships.
Through education of the campus community, support of students, and collaboration with faculty, the Office seeks to develop a campus culture that encourages students to pursue prestigious opportunities.
The Undergraduate Fellowship Office serves the Ohio State campus in the following ways:
- Informs undergraduates, faculty, and staff about major national fellowship opportunities
- Recruits competitive fellowship applicants
- Helps students find fellowship opportunities which match their goals and accomplishments
- Advises students through logistics of the fellowship application process
- Provides writing assistance on fellowship application materials
- Coordinates the campus evaluation and selection process for fellowship awards when required
- Prepares official, university endorsement packages for selected fellowship nominees
- Aids faculty with supporting fellowship letters of recommendation
- Assists students preparing for national fellowship interviews
- Serves as OSU’s knowledge base for national fellowship competitions
In addition to serving current undergraduates, the UFO also assists recent OSU alumni pursuing national awards requiring university endorsement. If you are an alumna/us interested in a national scholarship or fellowship opportunity, please contact our office for more information. Also, find updates about upcoming information sessions, writing circles, and fellowship winners on the Undergraduate Fellowship Office's Instagram account.
If you are a current Ohio State Graduate or Professional student, please contact the Graduate School or your college's Dean for assistance with national awards.
If you are an incoming freshman and are interested in scholarships and funding opportunities for your OSU career, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.