Events & Activities
HSS students have the opportunity to participate in multiple experiences both on and off campus that relate to exploration of the healthcare field. These include:
- Dine with the Department Series
- Faculty and staff from across the University join HSS weekly during Autumn semester for an informal dinner and dialogue at the Kennedy Commons dining hall. Guests include graduate and professional school representatives from the Colleges of Dentistry, Nursing, Optometry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Public Health, and Veterinary Medicine to answer student questions about developing a strong application and the types of experiences one might participate in while at Ohio State. Representatives from undergraduate majors such as Medical Dietetics, Public Health, Radiologic Sciences, Respiratory Therapy, and any of the Biological Sciences also meet with students to discuss benefits of the major and future career options.
- Annual Spring Trip
- HSS students have the opportunity to take a three-day, two-night trip with friends to visit health-related organizations. Previous trips include visiting the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, GA, touring the Nursing Simulation Laboratories of the University of Toronto, Ontario, and seeing the BODIES Exhibit in New York City, NY.
- Undergraduate and Graduate/Professional Student Panels
- HSS students benefit from learning about "what's next" from those living it, be they upperclassmen or graduate/professional students. These range from a research panel to discover the best ways to get involved with research to a laid-back discussion of what graduate/professional school is like and how students balance academics and life in general.
- Local Trips
- Clippers games (Columbus' Minor League baseball team), Zoo Lights at the Columbus Zoo, and The Wilds