Events & Activities
The Biological Sciences Scholars participate in a variety of activities focused on the biological sciences and research. Some past programming related to our program's theme include:
- Monthly research laboratory visits with the outstanding faculty at The Ohio State University. During these visits, students learn more about the research process and more specifically about the topics in that lab.
- Attendance and volunteering at campus-wide research forums.
- Eat and Explore sessions where students have the opportunity to eat and learn about post- college options in graduate/ professional schools and career paths.
- Preparation for future opportunities through our Professional Development Series, which includes such sessions as personal statements, gap years, interview tips, etc. This series is co-hosted with STEM EE and Health Sciences Scholars.
- Graduate and career panels. Skype sessions, and other Q&As where alumni from our program will talk about their experience after their time as an undergraduate.
- Visits to science-related sites in the area, including the Franklin Park
Conservatory, Newport Aquarium, The Wilds, The Research Institute: Nationwide Children's
Hospital, The College of Medicine Clinical Skills Center, the Franklin County
Coroner’s Office, Byrd Polar Research Center, etc.