Arts Scholars have the opportunity to engage with faculty, staff, and community leaders inside and outside of the classroom as first year students. The programs offered compliment what students are learning in the classroom and offer personal connection that other students do not find.
First-Year Seminar Course
This seminar course is designed for first year Arts Scholars to explore personal arts interests, interdisciplinary opportunities, campus and local community arts resources, and cultural topics in the arts. Taught by the Arts Scholars Program Manager and assisted by a graduate student and current Arts Scholars, the course will cover all arts opportunities on campus and introduce students to leadership, strengths, and career exploration.
- Understand the requirements and expectations of being an Arts Scholars
- Understand the five G.O.A.L.S. of the University Honors & Scholars Center
- Have an awareness of the different academic and career opportunities related to the arts
- Learn to navigate the various arts-related and campus resources at The Ohio State University
- Get connected to the greater arts and cultural community outside of campus
- Develop a close relationship with the Scholars Program staff and other Scholars students
- Building an Arts Community
- Defining Art: Who decides?
- Theatre Games
- Tour the Wexner Center for the Arts
- Learn about connections between Health and the Arts
- Controversial Art
- The Importance of Diversity in the Arts
- And much more!
- Small Group Short North Adventure
- Small Group Creative Collaborations
- Personality Collage