For more information regarding the Collegium, contact Leo Hoar, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (614) 292-3135.
Is the Collegium right for you? Consider applying if you agree with one or more of these statements:
- I'm still in the process of clarifying my academic and/or professional goals, and would like to get help doing so
- I have clear goals, and I'm looking to gain skills that will help me achieve them
- I enjoy sharing my academic interests with other accomplished students
- I want to learn how to be an effective applicant for jobs, internships, and other opportunities
- I want to build (or get started building) my academic and/or professional network
Students apply to the Collegium during the Spring semester of their first year. The purpose of the application is to determine a good fit between prospective members and the goals of the program.
To apply, please submit an essay in response to the following prompt no later than Friday, April 21, 5:00 p.m. Please email your submission to Leo Hoar (email@example.com) as an attachment, with the subject line reading: Honors Collegium Application.
The Prompt: Choose a formative moment, event, or person from your first year at Ohio State, and write a brief reflection about it. The focus of your writing should be the significance of the moment to you rather than on the prestige or noteworthiness of the event itself. Consider the following questions as you write: Why is the event/moment/person important to you? What impact did it have? How will you apply what you learned going forward?